Utah Jazz’ Karl Malone named one of National Basketball Association’s most beloved MVPs of all time
UTAH (ABC4) – Recent data has revealed that Utah’s Karl Malone is one of the National Basketball Association’s (NBA) most highly regarded MVPs.
A recent study conducted by Betway used the social listening tool Linkfluence to determine the percentage of positive internet conversations regarding MVPs. The study found that Karl Malone is the nation’s ninth most beloved MVP, with 10.7% of online conversations about him being positive.
Derrick Rose, three-time NBA All-Star point guard for the Chicago Bulls, won first place as America’s favorite MVP. Rose, originally drafted in the 2008 draft as the No. 1 overall pick, received the Rookie of the Year award shortly thereafter in 2009. After suffering a knee injury in 2021, Rose was forced to change his name as alternate playmaker.
The following list ranks the top 20 NBA MVPs most positively talked about on the internet, along with their MVP year, team, and percentage of positive feelings about them recorded online:
- Derrick Rose, 2011, Chicago Bulls, 27.1%
- Allen Iverson, 2001, Philadelphia 79ers, 23.9%
- Kobe Bryant, 2008, Los Angeles Lakers, 17.8%
- Giannis Antetokounmpo, 2019 and 2020, Milwaukee Bucks, 17%
- Stephen Curry, 2015 and 1016, Golden State Warriors, 14.8%
- Michael Jordan, 1988, 1991, 1992, 1996 and 1998, Chicago Bulls, 12.2%
- Nikola Jokic, 2021 and 2022, Denver Nuggets, 11.3%
- James Harden, 2018, Houston Rockets, 11%
- Karl Malone, 1997 and 1999, Utah Jazz, 10.7%
- LeBron James, 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2013, Miami Heat and Cleveland Cavaliers, 10.7%
- Dirk Nowitzki, 2007, Dallas Mavericks, 10.3%
- Kevin Garnett, 2004, Minnesota Timberwolves, 10.1%
- Kevin Durant, 2014, Oklahoma City Thunders, 9.88%
- David Robinson, 1995, San Antonio Spurs, 9.69%
- Steve Nash, 2005 and 2006, Phoenix Suns, 9.53%
- Russell Westbrook, 2017, Oklahoma City Thunder, 9.27%
- Hakeem Olajuwon, 1994, Houston Rockets, 8.91%
- Shaquille O’Neal, 2000, Los Angeles Lakers, 6.95%
- Charles Barkley, 1993, Phoenix Suns, 6.31%
- Tim Duncan, 2002 and 2003, San Antonio Spurs, 5.81%
To consult the complete study carried out by Betway, Click here.